adds

"Living below the line" Day 1

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Today is the 1st day of "Living below the line" and it was ok considering the fact that it is SUNDAY, when i was not obliged to wake up any earlier than 10 a.m. A tough day ahead with only RM 6 for 3 meals...

The challenge was easy considering that RM 6 can get me bout 18 curry puffs to last a whole day but the challenge for myself, was, however to survive within the budget AND maintaining a balanced diet...

Nevertheless, i still had my breakfast BRUNCH at about 11a.m, hehehe... which was two half boiled eggs.

Just to show that the eggs cost was actually RM 0.25 each... thanks to Pasar Borong SSW nearby my house about 5 minutes away... hehehe, lucky for me, my 2 years of kitchen adventure working as a cook serves me well this time around... My mom and I always shop der as the prices there are really a steal...

Next up, LUNCH... and RM 5.50 to go...
At this point of the day, i opted for a heavier carbo diet which was 2 cream breads and plain water to last thru the afternoon...
as you can see 2 cream breads costs RM 1.20; after deducting from RM 5.50, that leaves RM 4.30 to go for dinner...

Finally, DINNER...

Then this is how dinner was prepared;
All in all, i managed to save RM 0.29...

Here is the breakdown:-
Breakfast - RM 0.50
Lunch      - RM 1.20
Dinner     - RM 4.01
Total = RM 5.71...

Last but not least, i have to survive with lots n lots of home boiled water...
What the heck... i din think that i would manage but I DID IT!!!
Tomorrow shall be more challenging as its a working day....hmmmmm (planning of tomorrow already)
tata...

0 comments:

Post a Comment