adds

Leadership Programme (LP) 144 - Wow Day "A day with the Orang Asli"

Monday, May 9, 2011

As mentioned in the previous post, here it is... The write up on WOW Day - "A Day with the Orang Asli"

Once upon a dawn...

At the crack of dawn, I left home at about 6.30 am. to reach Taylor's College Sri Hartamas to meet up with some other volunteers and lead them to the village.... We arrived about 8am in the morning and I started equipping myself with my gears...
Pretty cool huh?

The fact that i sacrificed my beautiful sunday morning to this is because of the "Original" People & I promised to do it for a bunch of rednecks...
Rednecks...
To begin the day, I tested some shots...
still can cari makan a bit.... considering the fact that i received no formal training what so ever... hehhee

Now that I am ready... Met up with my friend, Aaric, the emcee of the day...
he was kinda in a blur mood... 1 can only wonder what he had done the night before... I also couldnt help but took a candid shot of a friend, SURESH, without him knowing....
He looked like... cant seem to find the right words to describe this picture... hehehe
Well, at about 9.15 am, the whole event started with formalities & introductions... I on the other hand, took this shot...
Kinda catchy though, "LISTEN, The children are calling!"

As usual, in an event like this, there will be clusters of people doing all sorts of stuff ...
Some came to join the activities...

Some came to babysit...

Some came to meet long lost friends...

Some just like taking photographs...

Some hoping to strike it rich...

Some don't even know what they are there for...

Some got tricked to be there...

Some even Dressed for Clubbing?!?

Kinda funny how things always works out? ahahha...
The day went on with a sports carnival, a bouncing castle for the kids and musical chairs for the orang asli people, & here we get to see some villagers happily playing along...
Its obvious that this lady likes to dance...

He is Atai... He likes it...

Last butt on the chair, loses!!!

Best of all, this boy wore this shirt all day long to express his love for his mom in conjunction with 
"Mother's Day"...

All in all, it was a tiring day indeed...

Everyone huddled in....

Everyone was happy...
&
I just had to post this...
HAHAHA...

0 comments:

Post a Comment