adds

"Living below the line" Day 4

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wednesday... Fourth day of surviving with RM 6... 
(why did it even crossed my mind to take part in this project?)
Am beginning to miss my usual serving of Bah Kut Teh with pork tendons... 
SLURRRRRP!!! 
*sob, sob... mouth watering d thinking bout it...

Nevertheless, the thought of giving up is far from my mind... GAMBATEH!!!
On this very beautiful day, i decided to try something different, an omelette perhaps, for breakfast...

French Bean Omelette (breakfast)...
Eggs         : RM 0.25 X 2      = RM 0.50
French Beans : RM 1.29 (halved) = RM 0.65
Total                           = RM 1.15

I know that it doesnt look that tasty considering not much time was available to cook it... (I did my best!!!)
Then, on my way to work, i drop by my friendly neighbourhood "pasar pagi" to get my lunch so that i can eat later...

Surprisingly (again), i noticed that there WERE actually stalls that sells food at the cheapest available price...
*food at prices that was sold like 5 - 10 years ago?!?!

An aunty that was busy catering to her customers orders caught my eye... She was selling economy bihun / mee... & guess what?

Fried bihun with condiments only costs RM 2.50!!!
(fishcakes, long beans, sambal cockerels, half an egg & a pack of curry gravy with tau foo pok)
aren't I lucky to be living in such a neighbourhood??? hehehe....

since i have had such a RICH meal throughout the day, i decided that i should just bite on raw carrots for dinner... 3 fat ones (RM1.37)...

Just peel them, soak them in a lightly salted water & START MUNCHING!!!
* Naturally, the tiring efforts of having to chew on them will wear off the hunger... muahahah

Todays Budget:-
Omelette     : RM 1.15
Bihun        : RM 2.50
Carrots      : RM 1.37
Total        : RM 5.02 (RM 0.98 in savings)

0 comments:

Post a Comment